Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

03 April
1Comment

Yorkshire Dales Meadow Flower Millennium Project team are helped by Class 3

Carol and Tanya from the Yorkshire Dales Millennium Project came to Class 3 to explain what they are doing to improve the local meadows and encourage the growth of wild flowers.

“We planted some seeds, they were called: Knapp weed, Meadow sweet, Bush vetch and Wood cranes bill. They will grow into meadow flowers which might be up to 120 cm tall! We will look after the plants in school and pot them on so that they are ready to be planted out into Carols meadows in September.”

“We read about the plants and found information in the leaflets that Tanya brought. It was fun because we got to read and check facts about the plants height.  We saw different plants that we hadn’t seen before and we compared the pictures.”

“We are helping to try to build up the hay meadows so that they can get more wild flowers which will help the bees. This will encourage the wildlife. It might also help attract people to see the beautiful meadows.”

We hope everyone else will get to enjoy the meadows as much as we enjoyed our planting the seeds.

One Response to “Yorkshire Dales Meadow Flower Millennium Project team are helped by Class 3”

1. Hannah S says:

I loved planting the seeds and I planted knapweed!

Translate »