Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

25 March

Year 5 girls, ‘borrow’ my camera!

The children are really getting good at taking photos and working at creating their own animotos, I couldn't resist using some pictures that they left on my camera. I really believe children get a very different and very impressive atmosphere into their photo work.
</object>

7 Responses to “Year 5 girls, ‘borrow’ my camera!”

1. David Eldridge says:

Animoto is actually quite easy to use. I think Mr Moore could sort it out and Mr Metcalfe certainly could. It is not too expensive either.Mr E

2. Bainbridge Primary School says:

I thought how you did it was different.I loved the music,pictures and creation.All i would like to ask is how you did it?I would think it will be intresting doing one around are school.Martha

3. carolinebreyley says:

I realy liked the movement in the photos on the playground equipment, you captured the sense of balance but also that it might be lost at any moment.

4. David Eldridge says:

Good question Tyler. The real key to a good 'animoto' is to get some quality photos or short film clips. Music choice is important and it is a skill that I think children find they have to work at. the thing that made this animoto for me was the photos the girls took, they went out with a good camera and enjoyed themselves. We put the animoto together in 'blog club, after school. Animoto offers school accounts for free.<br> I'll be using your comments as excellent examples of how to support somebody else's blog. <br><br>Take care<br><br>Mr E

5. Tyler D. says:

Dear Hawes Primary School,That video seemed like it was made by professionals. My favorite pictures were of you guys climbing up the wall. I have a couple questions for you. Was it challenging to make the video and how do you do it?Sincerely,Tyler D in Mr. Salsich’s class

6. David Eldridge says:

We certainly are glad to be breaking away from spring. However the cricket has already been blown away. We are the test playing country, but we have never taken the one day game seriously. I’d like to see New Zealand do well, I remember watching Bev Congdon, Glen Turner and Richard Hadlee as a boy growing up. India is a hard place to play.Take careMr E

7. Room 2 says:

Really thought the photographs were creative. It look like the project was about celebrating spring!!!I’ve heard different stories about a northern hemisphere winter from friends that have done there OE and spring should be celebrated.PS. Hope England beat Sri Lanka. Then take on ‘kiwis"Mr Thurlow

Translate »