Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

21 March

Wensleydale Tournament of Song

On the 11th March Classes 4 and 3 went to the Garden Rooms at Tennants Auction House in Leyburn to take part in the Wensleydale tournament of song.

Class 4 were in Class 201 and were singing a song with two part harmony – they sang ‘Believe’ by Lin Marsh. The adjudicator said “Really good singing, a uniform sound that you projected into the room well. The harmony was secure, very well disciplined and organised. Well Sung.” All the children enjoyed the experience of singing on a large stage and in front of a large audience. They were a credit to the School.

Class 4 received 1st place in their class and Class 3 came 3rd in their class.

Class 3 were in ‘Class 200’ and were singing a Unison song called ‘Hey Escher’ written by Barry Russel. The adjudicator said “This was a hard song to sing, it has difficult rhythm and not the most obvious of tunes, it contains lots of difficult words, you rose to the challenge, and your words were clear and your rhythm secure. Well Done.”

On our return to school we performed our winning song to the rest of the school in assembly, complete with sign language. We hope you enjoy our performance.

7 Responses to “Wensleydale Tournament of Song”

1. Grace says:

I liked the song

2. Grace says:

I liked the song and I can’t wate to be in that class so Ican do it to

3. Lottie whyte says:

Very good I enjoyed it really well

4. Stephanie Bland says:

It was so nice to be invited into school to listen to class 3 & 4 perform their songs.
    They sang beautifully, staff and children deserve to feel very proud!

5. Linda Snow says:

It was a real pleasure to visit the school this morning (March 24th) to see and hear class 3 and class 4 singing their winning Tournament of Song entries. I am not surprised they did so well they were very good! Well done everyone involved.

Translate »