Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

31 March

Skipping Game: Sausage in a Pan.

This game can be one of endurance! The winner on this occasion did at least 55 big jumps and 55 repositioning small bounces … at the end the winner falls over and actually ended up just lying down. At which point the first one out wanted to start again! The winner should swap and be a rope turner.

13 Responses to “Skipping Game: Sausage in a Pan.”

1. Rachel L says:

Never heard that one before! Cool I Like it… Sausage in a pan…da dada da da…

2. Mrs. Lynch says:

Dear David,Just loved this easy jumprope game. I want to show my first graders next week. I think they will want to try it.Our weather is warming up finally and it is time to learn some of these playground songs. I have never heard of this one but I love it.from,Mrs. Lynch in Quebec

3. Louise says:

WOW I think everyone did really well !I think the girl in the green shirt did well for being the last one to make the rope stopWELL DONE EVERYONE

4. Louise says:

5. Danielle says:

I’ve got tha’t song stuck I my head now Sausage In a pan sausage In a pan turn them over sausage In a pan. I thing do you now any more song or skipping game’s because I onlly now " song’s 🙂

6. Mary says:

I enjoyed that skipping game aswell. I can’t belive Bethan got it of Milkshake! I got out first. Libby was quite good but she got out aswell. Nicole did really well. Everyone did! Does anybody else know some skipping games?

7. Nicole says:

After that skipping game I was realy tired. It’s realy exiting because it was between me and Bethan we were doing it for ages, we had to sing it 2 or 3 times till bethan got out and I won and I fell on the floor after that!! Do you like skipping games?

8. Megan.I says:

I enjoyed the skipping games. I was one of the skippers in that video. The rest of the skippers were all older than me and better at skipping so I was surprised when they got out before me. That skipping game is probably my favourite. I thought it was quite tiring after a few verses of the song. The sunny weather was great, seeing as we hardly ever get warm days like this. Do you have any better skipping games than that, because I want to try them out.

9. jack says:

I watched the animoto it was so cool I wanted to play

10. David Eldridge says:

Would you like to be one of my on the road video makers?<div>Mr E<br><br></div>

11. Bethan says:

I enjoy all skipping games but I really like this one. I was skipping in that video and I really enjoyed it. I got this skipping ryhme off Hannah’s helpline on milkshake. Do you know any different ones?

12. David Eldridge says:

Everyone seems to like the playground games idea. We love it when new games pop up on different continents!

13. SELeakey says:

Hi Hawes,This one looks like great fun too. I am away from school for a week and then we have one week left before we break for the holidays but I will be sure to locate some skipping ropes and teach this one to the kids. They’ll love playing it during their break times. I might even give it a go myself.I hope the winner recovered after her hard work! Great effort everbody.Miss. Leakey

Translate »