Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

19 July

School choir sing at the dedication of the Hawes and High Abbotside War Memorial to the fallen.

Hawes Community Primary School children were honoured to be part of the War Memorial dedication to the 64 local men and women who lost their lives in the First and Second World War.

As part of the dedication ceremony the children, under the direction of Miss Caygill, sang “Peace, perfect peace” beautifully. They were invited to come forward and touch the newly erected monument by the Bishop of Ripon, James Bell, symbolically anchoring it into the community in which it stands.

At the ceremony on Sunday there were representatives from the army, Methodist church, Church of England, Royal British Legion, Emergency services, North Yorkshire County Council and relatives of the fallen.

The event included a two minute silence, the Last Post, and the laying of wreaths.

No comments

Translate »