Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

10 May

Role models inspire achievement throughout the school!

The year 5 children have enjoyed the responsibility of their role as ambassadors in other classes throughout the school. They are spending one day in each class helping to promote good attitudes to learning and creating links with the younger children.

The children said:

“We have enjoyed working with the younger children in Class 2,
helping with Maths and English work and listening to readers.”

“I am looking forward to finding out how i can help my little brother with his work in Class 1.”

“It is nice to be able to spend time with the Nursery children and see how far we have come.”

5 Responses to “Role models inspire achievement throughout the school!”

1. carol Hall says:

It is so nice for the older children to help the younger ones in their classrooms

2. Stephanie Bland says:

This is great. A good way to share across the school.
    I would love to see this happening more regularly.
    Well done.

3. Linda Snow says:

This is such a good idea and perfect for the pupils here as they have such a great attitude to learning.

4. Grace says:

Thank you year 5 for reading with us

5. Jemma Hogg says:

Jackson told me all about Kit helping him today in class. He was very excited to show me the blog about his day at school!
    what a great tool to help parents and children discuss their day in an innovative way

Translate »