Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

15 February

Old Technology – New Technology!

Through our blogging friends we appear to have become involved in a ‘postcard’ project. It links many of the good things about blogging with the old technology of post. We guessed it would take 8 days for our card to reach New Zealand! We look forward to reporting on any cards we might get. I think our weather takes some beating!

Postcard to Invercargill, New Zealand on PhotoPeach
name=”allowscriptaccess” value=”always”/></object>

11 Responses to “Old Technology – New Technology!”

1. charlie says:

I might do that job when i grow up and get money

2. We too are part of the postcard Project and posted a card to your school a couple of days ago. We live in NSW Australia, where it is warm and sunny!I visited hawes a few years ago, my mother used to live in Richmond, and we visited the Museum, Castle Bolton, Aysgarth Falls etc so I’m going to find all my photos to show my students.Regards,Anne

3. The Techie Kids says:

Dear Mr. E’s Students,How is blogging so far? Are you having fun? I hope you are doing awesome.England is very beautiful. We really want to go there. We should Skype with you sometime. Have you used Skype? We are doing the postcard project too. We should mail each other one. That would be fun! When you first started blogging what did you think?Your new friends,Mikayla, Samantha, and JoeyTechie Kids

4. Dear Mr. E, Thank you so much for your wonderful postcard. The Classroom Connection received it on March 3, 2011. I will update the Google Docs page so that you can figure out how long it took for it to travel to New Brunswick, Canada.When the students and I get back from our March Break (Spring break) on the 14th, we will send one back to you. I have purchased a number of postcards that showcase interesting and beautiful places found around our province. Thanks again for you card, Mrs. Webb-Scheers

5. David Eldridge says:

Hello Miss Cashen, we would all swap just 30 minutes of sunshine for half an hour of grey! i do hope April and Essex are lovely for you.<div><br></div><div>Mr E<br><br></div>

6. Miss Cashen says:

Hi,What a great video you made. I loved seeing the weather. It reminds us how lucky we are in Australia to have warm weather at the moment.I will be visiting England in April, where I will be catching up with the students I used to teach in Essex. Don’t worry I am expecting to bring an umbrella and warm jacket!Did the postcard arrive? And how long did it take?Miss Cashen, Australia

7. Mrs. Catherine McMahon says:

Hello to all of you! My classroom is participating in the post card exchange as well and we are very excited about making connections. Our post cards are almost ready to be sent off. I do have a classroom page but it is on a secured site. We also have a wallwisher queston. I will work on getting it up on a school site so that you may be able to correspond to. Best wishes!Mrs. McMahon4K Corner

8. David Eldridge says:

Great to see two really smiley faces on a dark and cold day. Bet you wished you were in sunny New Zealand! Diana .Nice photos and so happy faces! Is it usually so green and foggy in February there? Beautiful! children from Joroinen FinlandThe weather changes all the time Eija, the following day was lovely, today has been just a little grey.I really liked the video I think it was a really good idea, well done Kian.Thanks Kian, you’ve been a star this term!

9. Ms Dowling says:

Hi Mr E and the children of Hawes Community PS,We are participating in the `Postcard project’ too! The children in K/1D have begun to bring their postcards into class ready for us to write on. So far we have some with Koalas, the Sydney harbour bridge and the Opera house. I wonder what you have on the front of your postcards? Hopefully we will send them soon so keep an eye on your school letterbox!From Ms Dowling and K/1D

10. David Eldridge says:

Hello Lyudmila and hello 49ers.The excellent ‘postcard project’ is being run by Sarah in New Zealand. Her class blog is ‘Pirates of Room 4’, I think she can help you. http://leakeysblog.edublogs.orgI'm sure Lyudmila in Russia understands grey weather, but I don’t think either of us would cope well with 30c+I wonder what phrases we have for different sorts of weather? When it’s really cold we say, " it’s brass monkeys!’Mr E

11. Mr. E Hawes School, Thank you for the post about weather on our blog. When you described the weather in England as "grey", I didn’t understand what that truly meant until I viewed this video. England is very different from San Antonio. We have many hot and sunny days with clear, blue skies. But one downside of the heat is that it sometimes forces you back inside to the air conditioning. It really can be too hot to play! We’d love to participate in a postcard project, too. Do you have more information about it?Mrs. Kistler, a 49’er

Translate »