Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

02 July

Nursery Play Bus Morning

On Friday 1st July the nursery children were treated to a very special and exciting morning. To start the fun the play bus came from Kirkby Lonsdale for the children to explore. Once the children were in the car park they were treated to an LED display on the front of the bus which said “Welcome Hawes Nursery.” When the children climbed on board they were soon running around and investigating all the different areas, including the ball pit, the dark den, the slide from the top deck to the bottom deck, dressing up box and props, karaoke machine and creative area. In addition to this there were soft play sections to investigate! The time flew by and soon it was time for us to leave. Once back in Nursery the children were provided with a fantastic picnic lunch made by Mrs Calvert in the canteen. Because the weather wasn’t great the children had the option of eating inside or at the table in the nursery yard. They had sandwiches, pizzas, sausages, vegetable sticks, tomatoes and then for dessert there was chocolate orange cake, banana cake and fresh strawberries.

On behalf of the children I would like to thank the following companies, groups  and individuals: Mr John Blackie for liaising with Richmondshire District Council, Cindy Power and Ellie for coming to Hawes with the bus, Richmondshire District Council for allowing us the use of the car parking spaces and also for marking out the area with cones prior to the bus arriving, the P.T.F.A. for their generous donation of funds, Mrs Calvert for the excellent picnic, Mrs Scarr and Shannon McIntire for helping out during the morning…and Miss Burton for all her enthusiasm

and continuous help. (If you look carefully at the photographs you may even spot Miss Burton on the slide!)

2 Responses to “Nursery Play Bus Morning”

1. Stephanie Bland says:

It is great to see the photos! Thanks for this lovely treat for our children.
    George loved it all, the bus & the party food!
    What a lovely end to the week! ?

2. Nicola H. says:

What a fantastic treat for the children – wonderful to see all the photos of them having such a great time! Lucy said she liked the slide and the ball pool best.

Translate »