Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

26 March

Nursery enjoying planting potatoes.

Thanks for organising this Mrs F. It's lovely watching yourself and Mrs W doing so many wonderful things, everyday, with the children. The children work hard and obviously enjoy themselves.
Mr E

Potato Planting March 23rd, 2011. on Photo Peach

</object>

7 Responses to “Nursery enjoying planting potatoes.”

1. David Eldridge says:

We like planting things, but it has been so dry and the frost in the morning is a challenge. We are hoping to learn from other local schools like yours about how to garden.Mr E

2. Bainbridge Primary School says:

I think that it is really good that you are getting the little ones doing out door activities . It looked like they were having lots of fun I hope they grow really well.What are you planting next ? PS.My litle cousin Ewen and Gracie were in it.Reese

3. David Eldridge says:

I'm passing on your e-mail to a new blogger who speaks Spanish. Could you send your blog address to me please?<br><a href="mailto:davidweldridge@gmail.com">davidweldridge@gmail.com</a>

4. Marisa says:

We’ve also been planting potatoes in our school vegetable garden. We love working on it, planting, watering, pulling the weeds out, and selling our crops. The organic vegetable garden is a new project of our school. We’ve got a special blog (in Catalan) with lots of pictures where you can follow the progress of it from the beginning. Feel free to check it out and let us know what you think.Marisa

5. David Eldridge says:

Thank you ‘Friendly Frogs’, what a great name! Speaking of names in England we call ‘ladybugs’…ladybirds. I like these little changes in language.I am sure we will pass by your blog again in the near future.Take careMr E

6. Miss Powers says:

Hi Friends!What fun you all had planting potatoes! We are learning about plants too! Do you know the basic needs of plants? What do you need to do to help your plants grow?We are planting, too! We are learning about ladybugs and plants and we are making a ladybug garden! Maybe you could check back on our blog in a couple of weeks to see what we have been up to. We have the plants that ladybugs like and the wild ladybugs, now we to get busy in our flowerbeds!Keep up the great work and we hope to chat with you soon!Hugs,Miss Powers and The Friendly Frogs

7. Mrs Bell says:

What a great fun afternoon. You reminded me to plant my potatoes this weekend. I have to plant mine in a plastic bag because my dog (Monty) digsthem up if I plant them in the ground. What are you going to do with the potatoes when you dig them up? I like chips!!

Translate »