Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

13 February

New Award … Great Prizes!

We really want to give the older children in the school a chance to develop a purposeful involvement and enthusiastic understanding of blogging. So we’ve devised the ‘Dynamite Award’, as outlined below … we borrowed the word ‘dynamite’ from
New Zealand … thanks!

Hawes School’s Dynamite Blogger Award

A new award to be trialled with years 5 and 6 and adults.

TARGET:

·        To visit and leave comments on the sites of six other schools. Using hawespsblog@gmail.com address, or from home with parents permission.

·        To make a comment on six different pages of the Hawes blog.

·        To post three items using suggestions from ‘The List’, onto the Hawes site using hawespsblog@gmail.com .

·        To make, in a small group(3-4), a one minute video about e-safety and post it through ‘Viddler’.

The List

·        Animoto… you will need photos, 8second video clips and Mr E.

·        Photo Peach … photos and MR E

·        Photostory 3 … this you can do anywhere… I haven’t seen overseas schools using it, so they may be interested.

·        Voicethread… photos… or scans of work … Mr E or Mrs D or Mr M!

·        Stick Pivot … this you can do anywhere.

·        Viddler … this is how you post a video, Lamb cam for example.

·        Word … good ideas and good presentation ideas.

·        Wordle … an interesting word puzzle graphic.

THE PRIZE

When you have achieved all of this you will get a ‘Dynamite Blogster’ prize!

This will be a T-Shirt with your own design printed on it…

You will also get a ‘Dynamite Blogster’ Certificate. 

The ‘Challenge’ is out there …

P.S ANYONE ON THE STAFF OR ANY PARENTS CAN ENTER AS WELL

MR E has to PAY for the first 10  T-Shirts out of his own pocket!

8 Responses to “New Award … Great Prizes!”

1. David Eldridge says:

I’m not in school tomorrow. However your suggestion is excellent and we will talk about doing it as soon as we get back.Plan what work you’d like to do during your holidays.Mr E

2. Rachel L says:

Wow Mr E! I’d really like to have a go at doing that! I will come to you tomorow (Friday)at lunch, would that be okay? I hope so! πŸ™‚ I would really like to do, you know the vidio, make one of ‘life as a farmer’? Thank you for doing this chalenge!

3. David Eldridge says:

Thanks Claire, I think we are all following each other!Mr E

4. David Eldridge says:

Moderated by Mr EClaire BThis sounds like such an awesome opportunity! I can’t wait to see what you all come up with. Our blog is rolling over from last years’ learning group but we are just beginning our school year with over half the class new to blogging… Hope you don’t mind, but we will look to you guys for some leadership and role modelling πŸ™‚

5. David Eldridge says:

6. Rachel L says:

7. David Eldridge says:

8. David Eldridge says:

Translate »