Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

16 June

Hawes to Hardraw 5k Sponsored Walk.

Nursery, Class 1 and Class 2 have been raising money for our school library by completing a sponsored 5 km walk, from our school to Hardraw and back. We enjoyed exploring our local environment on our walk. We saw giant mushrooms, mini-beasts, lots of flowers and animals and on the way home we were treated to a fly past by 4 jet planes. The children enjoyed the chance to share their experiences. The younger children showed fantastic enthusiasm and stamina.

There is still time to congratulate or sponsor the children as a reward for their excellent effort.

4 Responses to “Hawes to Hardraw 5k Sponsored Walk.”

1. Steph Bland says:

It was a great morning! Great weather. I walked with nursery, they did so well!
    Lots of chatter, good behaviour & really sensible near the roads.
    Well done nursery. ?

2. Fiona Kilgallon says:

What lovely photos of your walk in our beautiful countryside, the sun was shining for you all. I bet that there was some very tired children ? at the end of the day. Well done to all who took part, I hope that you managed to raise lot’s of money by doing this Sponsored walk..

3. Fiona Kilgallon says:

What lovely photos of your walk in our beautiful countryside, the sun was shining for you all. I bet that there was some very tired children ? at the end of the day ???

4. Mrs F says:

What a lovely walk we had, well done everyone. Do you have a favourite walk you like to do?

Translate »