Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

05 February

Hawes School’s Book Week

Try as I might I just couldn’t get the last slide into the video. What the slide said was ‘THANK YOU’ to all the parents for sorting out costumes and thanks to everyone that took part. Reading is a true joy and a key to the children’s successful futures, thank you for encouraging your children and sharing books with them at home.

</object>

13 Responses to “Hawes School’s Book Week”

1. David Eldridge says:

Thanks for the comment, I will follow up the link, you have been very kind.Mr E

2. SELeakey says:

Hi Hawes School,What a great blog, I can’t believe you’ve only been going since January! I was on my friend Mrs McKenzie’s blog and noticed your comment so thought I’d come and take a look at your blog.I also wanted to let you know a bit more about The Postcard Project which you seemed interested in. Here are the details for the project, there’s still time to join in if you would like: http://leakeysblog.edublogs.org/the-postcard-project/Happy Blogging.Miss. Leakey

3. Hello Hawes SchoolWe were very pleased to see that your principal had visited our blog and left us a comment.I think your blog design looks inviting and interesting.I have just viewed your book week video. When I show my class, I wonder if they will be able to pick out which characters you are!I look forward to visiting you again.from Mrs McKenzie

4. rhys says:

i think the video was great

5. Dear Mr. E and the students of Hawes Primary,What a wonderful blog! I was so excited to get your message that you visited our blog. I wanted to return the visit quickly. I really enjoyed the book week video. I love spiders, so my favorite costume was the young girl in the spider outfit. She reminded me of the main character in Miss Spider’s Tea Party. This is one of my favorite books.I am noticing that my student’s sentence structure and grammar improves because of blog writing. Have you noticed improvement in their writing since you began blogging?We also have the flag widget. We run a string of black yarn from San Antonio, Texas to each visitor from another country. We use Google Earth to determine how many miles away our new blogging friends live from us. We will add you to our map!Your blog is delightful. Thank you for sharing!Mrs. Kistler

6. Dear Mr E and students,We loved your video on bookweek. We really liked how you put lots of photos in and made them spin around. We also liked how you all dressed up in costumes. That looked like lots of fun!From,<b>Ms Vivian and the Year 3 Superstars</b>

7. Mrs. Watson says:

Dear Mr. E and the students at Hawes Primary,Thanks so much for visiting our blog and leaving a comment and and link for us to find you. It is so great to meet students from another small school like ours. Your blog is fantastic. You have so many great videos of the wonderful things you are doing at your school. I particularly enjoyed your book week pictures. Reading is a real passion of mine and the students in my class. Your costumes were amazing and I can only imagine how much fun you all had!I look forward to sharing your site with my students and getting to know you all better through our blogs.It truly is a small world!Your new friend,Mrs. WSointula, Canada

8. mary.m says:

The dressing up was really great! I love the cat in the hat (Bella)!

9. Libby.W says:

We all had a good time dressing up . It was brilliant to see all the costumes and the smiles on every ones faces ! {I love it}

10. Megan.I says:

The costumes were fantastic! The ones who won the prizes deserved it because I could tell who they were and they had put so much effort into their costumes.

11. David Eldridge says:

Mod By Mr EHi! My name is Amy Hossack and I am a first grade teacher at Shanghai American School in China. Your head teacher visited our class blog and left a comment to tell me about your brand new blog. It looks great! Blogging is a really fun way to share what you are doing in your school with the whole wide world. I know you are going to have a lot of fun with it! Your costumes in the slide show look fantastic! Well done everyone and happy blogging!Amy

12. Izzie says:

The costumes were fantastic!!!!!!! It was a great clip.

13. emma says:

I love this animoto of the book week you clould see every body was having a good time . All the childrens costumes are great !

Translate »