Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

03 April

Harry’s House

Thinking of you Harry… 

</object>

14 Responses to “Harry’s House”

1. David Eldridge says:

The children just enjoy the house, it is used as a kind of ‘chill out’ zone. Harry’s House is in fact a happy place and his sister certainly likes it.Mr E

2. Adam and Seth says:

Hi. We feel sorry for Harry too.It is realy nice you built the house for his rememberance.We hope you have a lot of fun playing in the house and remembering Harry. what is the house made of?

3. Megan and Jack says:

We think that Harry’s House is a really good memroble piece of work to remember him by. It really shows how much you miss him and how much you cared for him. The house you made is a very good piece of art. We feel very sorry for the loss of Harry. We hope you will remember him forever. What kind of games do you play in Harry’s House?

4. Mrs. Hembree says:

This is a lovely memorial to a young boy who is obviously very special to all of you!Mrs. Hembree

5. casslyn says:

yhat day was realy fun, using all th new school equipment and remembering harry.

6. IreneKistler says:

What a beautiful memorial to Harry. He was well loved, which indicates a life well lived.Mrs. Kistler

7. I can tell that Harry was a very loved boy and that he will be remembered for a very long time. Such a great house for the children to play in, love, and remember Harry.

8. Barton Primary School says:

I watched this and was struck by how something can be both happy and sad at the same time. Thank you for sharing this.Sarah Beveridge

9. David Eldridge says:

Thanks Caroline, for the comment and the visit. I was in the middle of such a chaotic day … I even forgot to take your photo! It’s not every day that someone drops in from Shetland, I wish I had had more of my wits about me. I am certain we will collaborate and share things throughout the coming year. Many thanks for the kind gifts.Mr E

10. carolinebreyley says:

What a wonderful way to remember Harry; so many children will have a happy time playing in his house.I really enjoyed my visit to Hawes School; what a lovely, warm buzzing place! I look forward to sharing your activities with my class through your blog.

11. David Eldridge says:

I am pleased that you enjoyed seeing your picture here.Mr E

12. sarah kirkbride says:

we loved watching the children in Harrys House.

13. jack says:

Well done Mr Eldridge, I like my picture on the blog. It is my flower.jack

14. Claire Bee says:

What do you say to a post like that? I think that is just one of the most awesome posts I have read. Thoughts are with you as you celebrate Harry… I beat Harry’s family are very proud that he made such an impact on the children and teachers at his school. Thank you for sharing this very touching post and celebrating Harry with the world! 🙂

Translate »