Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

28 May

Half-term competition

Liz and Chris, who are cycling from New Zealand to England, have set up a competition that any of you guys can enter. I have copied the details below;

Bikeabout school challenge

You may be aware that several schools around the world are following our bike adventure and so we wanted to say a big hello to them. Firstly hello to Mr E’s class at Hawes and also to Mrs M’s class, in North Yorkshire. Hello also to Miss Leakey’s class in Invercargill, NZ and hello also to Miss Sprunt’s class at St Swithins. Really pleased you are supporting us and we hope you are enjoying our tales from Mongolia.

As you are hearing so much about us, we thought it would be nice to know about you. So we are running a competition. We would like to know where in the world you would like to travel to and why, and how you would get there and back. We would also like to know what you would miss most about home.

You can be as imaginative and daring as you like. And you can answer the questions using any media (writing, photos, comic strip, video etc) so long as it can be uploaded to the internet.

Anyone can enter so if you are from a school not mentioned above, home schooling or a big kid we would also love to hear from you.

The winning entries will be published as guest blogs on our website. The deadline is 6th June 2011. Please include your name, Iage and school when you enter.

You can email your entries to hello@bikeabout.co.uk

We look forward to reading, watching and seeing what you come up with. Good luck!

So just write your entry and e-mail it to hello@bikeabout.co.uk

Hope you get the message … if you do please tell your friends.

Mr E

11 Responses to “Half-term competition”

1. Bethan says:

hopefully getting some more games soon!!!♥

2. Bethan says:

We’ve got CANADA. Ka-ching-oh-yeah!

3. Bethan says:

I’ve got to the top three of the challenge. Yeah. We’ve also got switzerland. I’m guessing thats Anna. Thanks. Double yeah.

4. Anna says:

You’ve got Switzerland!!! YEAHH!!! However, I’m no children, either, I guess…;-) So I’m not allowed to spam your blog…:-P

5. Bethan says:

Yeah. We’ve got New Zealand! Thanks.

6. Bethan says:

We’ve got the USA! Yippee!

7. David Eldridge says:

This is your challenge really. You have to design/ put together something that presumably children want to visit. Once you have done that, then you have something to share. Working out how to do that is the question. i’m happy to help you, but the first thing is to have something you really want to share. The quality of the content is the important thing. With quality will come visitors eventually.I think you’re up for the challenge.Mr E

8. Bethan says:

I now see we’ve got a flag counter up. Brilliant. Do you think we’ll get any new countries?

9. Bethan says:

I’m hoping to enter this competion. Yes, I would like to put a flag counter up on the blog. Also I’ve found that we’re on the links page on hawes school blog. Thumbs up!

10. David Eldridge says:

As long as we are ready to start when we get back! I knew you’d have a look at some point. I am going to estimate that by this time next year you have had more than 2000 to page visits. If you like we can put a flag counter up. As it’s going to be a children’s page I don’t really think I should plaster it with my postsMr E

11. Bethan says:

Thanks for putting some new stuff on our blog. 2 posts, quite alot to go!

Translate »