Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

13 December

The Blogging Journey Begins

Hawes Primary School
Welcome
At Hawes Primary School we have decided to take on the challenge of blogging. During the next half term we will be building up our knowledge about blogging, it’s strengths, it’s weakness, it’s uses and it’s potential. Can we all say thank you to Mr Metcalfe without whom this project would never have got off the ground.

Mr Eldridge

11 Responses to “The Blogging Journey Begins”

1. Dear Mr. E, <b>Welcome to blogging!</b> You and your class are going to <i>love</i> the adventure blogging brings to the classroom and the authentic learning that comes from your global peers around world. I just started blogging with my class this past September 2010 and it has been a hit with students, parents, and staff alike. Our blog is called <b>"The Classroom Connection" </b>(http://kwebb.edublogs.org) and we love visiting new blogs to see what is up in other parts of the world. Your blog has a very nice theme and I really liked how you explained quality blogging. Good job! I will add your blog to our blog roll and let the children in my class know they can come a explore your class blog and leave a comment on one of the posts that interest them. Keep up the good work. From, Mrs. Webb-Scheers &hearts; and the students of 4WS

2. David Eldridge says:

Dear Jenny,<div>                 it's very kind of you to say that. We have really been enjoying ourselves and working hard. I want to get more direct postings from the children appearing now.</div><div>Mr E<br><br></div>

3. Jenny M (Schools ICT) says:

This is just brilliant. I have truly enjoyed having a look round the website and particularly the blogs – the contributions from the children are amazing! What a wonderful way to share your time together as a school with the world. This is inspiring stuff and your enthusiasm is contagious. Well done to all involved!

4. Daniela says:

I like the way you set up the blog. Hopefully many teachers from Switzerland will comment as well.

5. Elizabeth's & Matthew's Mummy says:

This site is great for Grandparents who are not local. I’ve sent a link to them and am sure they will enjoy seeing what the children do at school.

6. What a fantastic way to share ideas, voice opinions and collaborate on work. I am sure this will become a tremendous success and children and staff will embrace this ‘new’ technology and extend its use far further than many of us ‘older types’ will realise. I will keep coming back to see how you are all getting on and look at joining you in your adventure here at The Wensleydale School.

7. Heather Park says:

It certainly seems a good way to share the work of the school and it is such an engaging mixture of pictures and written word. Ishall have to make sure I come back Thank you for letting me know about this!

8. Marilyn Thorp says:

What a brilliant way to share the work, life and ethos of the school! I will return to it often with interest. It will give me a link to the words and images of children that I so miss in my retirement. Thank you for letting me know about it.

9. Richard Irvine says:

What a fabulous start – the layout is fantastic! I look forward to hearing more news about your school, your community and how your blogging ideas evolve.

10. Beverley Dore says:

Realy enjoyed the story Kian and James, made me laugh.well done.

11. Monika, teacher from Switzerland says:

This is a sparkling website. Congratulations!Now I know what Christingles are. We don’t have this custom in Switzerland.I am looking forward to reading new interesting reports on your website.

Translate »