Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

24 February

Dynamite Blogging Award

We are introducing this award to give people a reward for their efforts. It's aimed at anyone who wants to take part ….children, parents, governors, staff and advisors! The card acts as a record keeper for what you have achieved and then a fresh copy is produced as the certificate. The school will have a shield to record the winners. I think best of all award winners will be able to design their own Dynamite Blogging Award t-shirts and have them printed up. Great quality 'Fruit of the Loom' t-shirts available on Amazon (worldwide).
If anyone wants to use/develop this idea please do. If you have a good idea that will help promote a blog in school and the community, please shout up.

Mr E

9 Responses to “Dynamite Blogging Award”

1. David Eldridge says:

We are loving blogging and slowly we are all finding our feet … some children are running already Thank you so much for your kind words, you really have made our day.Mr EClass 3Hawes

2. SELeakey says:

Hi Mr. E and the rest of Hawes,I wonder if anyone has considered nominating Mr. E for a special blogging award. He has worked so hard to get this blog up and running and try and create a large visitor base for it. A lot of blogs would take a few years to achieve what Mr. E has achieved in a few months. No matter who’s blog I go on, Mr. E has always left a comment for them which will encourage them to come and visit your site.I hope you are enjoying the joys of blogging and are encouraged by all the visitors you are getting. I’m looking forward to seeing even more news when you have learnt even more new blogging skills.Miss. Leakey

3. Mrs. Hembree says:

Dear Mr. E and Students, I think your blog is coming along quite nicely! I especially like your bright blue bulletin board and your blogging award. I am borrowing some of your ideas and making a new bulletin board at my school now too! Thank you for sharing your ideas with us! We just began blogging in September, so we are pretty new to this as well. I look forward to more online conversations between our schools. Check us out next week when we launch into a school wide Math Week. Math in the regular classrooms, PE, Library, Music and Art class!Happy Bloggin!Mrs. Hembree

4. David Eldridge says:

From Mrs Moore, Techie Kids Michigan, USADear Mr. E and students, What a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing. I think this is a great visual for students to track their progress and document their accomplishments. I have not used Viddler or Stick Pivot. I will have to check them out. Have any of your students met the goal requirements for this award yet? I have used Photo Story 3 with my students here in Michigan, USA and they love it! My upper elementary classes have used it for creating Product Commercials and Career Day presentations. The examples currently found on our Techie Kids blog are lower elementary projects. Publishing a one minute e-safety video sounds like an authentic focus for the children’s skills. It is also very timely when beginning a new blog together. We can’t wait to read more from your class!Best Wishes,Mrs. Moorehttp://edublogs.misd.net/techiekids/

5. Mrs M says:

I like the idea! Can you post a photo of the displays you’ve got in school to promote your competition and your blog?

6. Dear bloggers,Good luck with your project! I ♥ to include everyone in our blogging community as well. One project I’ve tried is Family Blogging Month. Each student picks out a post he/she thinks a family member would like…and then share it with the family member. Here is a link about it if you are interested:<a href=“http://yollisclassblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/november-is-family-blogging-month.html”>Family Blogging Month</a>Happy Blogging!Mrs. Y&hearts;llisCalifornia

7. Ms Breyley says:

This is a tough challenge; anyone winning this t shirt will really know their stuff! I wonder who will be the first person to achieve everything?

8. Dear students and teachers,We are students from Aban, East Siberia,Russia. We study at a secondary school. Our school is large and very new it’s only 2 years old. Students from 7-18 attend it, so primary, secondary and high schools are in the same building. We have friends around the world. We do colloborative projects with Australia, New Zealand, the USA, Canada and even Uganda. We will be very to create some interesting projects with you. If you are interested in this let us know please. We have a very unusual weather for you, lots of snow, beautiful nature and many other things.Best redards,Mrs.Tarasevich and students

Translate »