Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

31 March

Clapping Song, number 4: High – Low, Pickerlow!

Another clapping song to enjoy.We have enjoyed the songs at http://jmsalsich.edublogs.org/  and also at  http://openthedoortob4.blogspot.com/    We have another couple songs on class 3  http://hawesps3.posterous.com/ 

It will be interesting to develop the traditional playground games theme.

24 Responses to “Clapping Song, number 4: High – Low, Pickerlow!”

1. Lexi says:

Dear Mr. Hawes, I really liked them because i like hand games to! They where cool too.sincerely,Lexia 49er

2. David Eldridge says:

It;s nice that people are still enjoying these posts.Mr E

3. Belal says:

Dear Hawes school, I think that was a cool game.If I had the chance I would try to learn that game if I could. Good job! Keep up the creative work. sincerely,Belala 49’er

4. Tyler says:

That looks very cool. I think that looks like a fun game. Maybe I can play thatwith my friends.Sincerely,Tyler49’ers

5. Alex says:

Cool hand games i wish i knew that game. sincerly, Alex

6. David Eldridge says:

Hi – Low Pickerlo can be done very quickly indeed, so the challenge is there. Clapping games were more in evidence in schools 15 years ago. However it is said that they go in fazes so this might start some interest.Sipping is always popular and the new ropes don’t get soaking wet!I’ll be conducting a little bit of investigation into games in the coming term. If you post anything relating to playground links, I will signpost it to others.Mr E

7. Mrs. Watson says:

Dear Mr. E and Hawes School,Hi-Low Pickerlow is a new clapping game for me too. The student s at our school don’t really play clapping games, but I think they might want to try some after seeing your posts and the ones of the classes you inspired to post as well. They do like skipping games though.I remember playing clapping and skipping games when I was a girl in school. I loved See See Oh Playmate and Miss Polly. Maybe I will have to teach them to my students.Thank you for sharing with us!Mrs. W

8. David Eldridge says:

I love the videos that classes like your are posting. When we come back after the holidays, I have some plans to post some more games and songs. Really enjoy having friends dropping by regularly and commenting.<div><br></div> <div>Mr E</div><div>Hawes<br><br></div>

9. Mrs. Hembree says:

Hello, I have never heard of the Hi-Low Pickerlow song before. It looks like it might take some practice before you get good at it. After seeing all the playground songs on your site and Mr. Salsich’s and on the Open Door blog, we decided to add one ourselves on our blog. April is Poetry Month and our first and second graders loved singing their poems! Check out our Down, Down Baby movie: http://www.bellbulldogreaders.edublogs.org Thanks for the great idea!Mrs. Hembree and the Bulldog Readers

10. Mrs. Hembree says:

11. mary.m says:

Wow! Your extremley good at that. I tried to do it with Bethan but we kept going wrong! Do you know any skipping games?

12. SELeakey says:

Hi Hawes,I loved this new clapping song. I think I remember this one from when I was at school. These are great for coordination and concentration.Thanks for sharing.Miss. Leakey

13. Lexi says:

14. David Eldridge says:

15. Belal says:

16. Tyler says:

17. Alex says:

18. David Eldridge says:

19. Mrs. Watson says:

20. David Eldridge says:

21. Mrs. Hembree says:

22. Mrs. Hembree says:

23. mary.m says:

24. SELeakey says:

Translate »