Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

31 March

Art work by class 3 (ages9-11).

Art by Class 3 inspired by William Morris. on PhotoPeach

</object>

21 Responses to “Art work by class 3 (ages9-11).”

1. clayton says:

wow there is some lovely artwork

2. jack says:

I realy enjoyed doing the artwork it was fantastic,

3. danielle says:

This is a good collection of art work and my piece is on there too!I enjoyed actually doing the drawing and colouring it in.Mr E, do you think that you could do this?

4. David Eldridge says:

This art took quite a few sessions. The more detailed it is the longer it took. Taking thephotosandsetting up the PhotoPeach didn’t take so long, about an hour maybe.Mr E

5. Chloe and Luke says:

Thank you Your art is great its just as good as Van goths.We love it so much that we wish we could do it.How long did it take you to do all of that art?

6. David Eldridge says:

Thanks for this post. I think yours was the first school from NZ to leave a comment on our blog! The Rakau sticks is an excellent idea. I am off to buy broom sticks this afternoon! My wife played this game as a Scout and the link you have sent gives lots of good info. Unfortunately, as is often the case in England, parts of the site are blocked. I will have a proper look at home.Keep an eye out for an up coming playground event.It is so nice to recieve support through comments, we are pleased that you enjoyed our art.Mr E

7. Kia Ora,The art work is awe inspiring. I especially liked the detail and the use of the pastel.For your traditional games I have a suggestion that your students could try. It a tradition Maori game using Rakau (wooden sticks) but mostly schools in New Zealand use tightly rolled up magazines. Look at this link… http://folksong.org.nz/epapa/index.html (however, the singing isn’t the best.Mr Thurlow

8. Megan.I says:

I think that the artwork in that Photopeach was brilliant, because the people who did the pastel artwork did it slowly and carefully. I have not finished mine off and it is not as good as the artwork you see in that Photopeach. I don’t think I’ll ever fnish my peice of artwork decause I have only just started colouring it in with pastels. The William Morris artwork is hard to copy of the painting he has done because it is his way of drawing. Have you ever tried to do some of William Morris’s artwork? It is very hard!

9. Libby says:

I really liked doing William Morris art work. I think every one’s art was great. We had fun doing William Morris art work!

10. harrison says:

I think that the music truly went with the pictures. My work wasn’t on there but you all did extremely well to produce this work! How do you think you could improve your animoto?

11. David Eldridge says:

Calm down Chloe! It is an easy mistake to make, I do it all the time. The years and groups and classes are different all over the world. On the animoto it clearly tells everyone what year and age the children are. I am pleases that you want to be connected to the work, it shows you are proud of what you and your friends have done. What excites me is that people are kind enought to leave comments. i think this one may well be from Mrs Watson who is one of the best teachers of art that I know of.So I end up being proud of your fierce loyalty to your classmates and work and that all thepeople that decide to leave comments care.Which piece of art did you like best?Mr E

12. chloe says:

Mr E it is class 3 not year 3! Everyone thinks it year 3. To anyone who reads this comment before writing their own like i do. IT IS CLASS 3 NOT YEAR 3!:)

13. Mrs F says:

Excellent I love the flowers.

14. Mrs. Watson says:

Dear Mr. E and the students of Year 3,Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! Like Mrs. McKenzie, I too had to Google William Morris. I think you did a tremendous job of creating pieces of art in his style. I love the beautiful flowers you drew and the colours you chose.I look forward to seeing more of your art and sharing it with my students :)Mrs. W

15. David Eldridge says:

A very English artist. William Morris, Socialist, philosopher and a leading light in developing the concept of modern interior design. yes we used pastel. if you are ever in London take the tube to Walthamstow and visit his house, which is now a museum/gallery. So pleased that you liked the children's work. Mrs D their teacher really creates lovely opportunities for them and they respond very well.<div> <br></div><div>Mr E<br><br></div>

16. judykmck says:

Dear Class 3I looked on Google to see who William Morris was, and found that he was a designer of wallpapers.I really think you have done a wonderful job of your art works, and have created patterns that would look great on the walls of all sorts of homes.What type of art media did you use? Was it pastel?from Mrs McKenzie

17. Bethan says:

I really enjoyed the William Morris artwork. Mine took alot of time but in the end it was worth it. I think pastels give a great afect in artwork. If i did it again I think i would of picked a painting that had bigger flowers as mine had lots of small detail and was hard to colour in.

18. codie says:

I enjoyed watching your vidio have a look on the middleham school blog website ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

19. Mrs. Moore says:

Dear Mr. E and students,This artwork is absolutely beautiful! You have some incredible artists in Class 3. I hadnโ€™t heard of William Morris before, so I decided to do a little investigating. I discovered he created stained glass windows and textiles like tapestries among many others mediums. His artwork was very diverse. I have enjoyed watching all of your videos. It was a pleasure to be introduced to Niblet. I look forward to hearing more from him soon! It looks like the Hawes Primary students have a great deal of fun at school. Keep up the wonderful work!Your friend,Mrs. MooreTechie Kids

20. Mrs Bell says:

William Morris is one of my favourite designers and he lived in Walthamstow where I am from. I liked your work very much and I can see how he inspired you. The detail on your work is particularly good. My favourite William Morris piece is ‘The Strawberry Thief’ What’s yours?

21. What a wonderful slideshow of your artwork Grade 3! The Middles love art, too and we’ve been painting portraits.. Hopefully we can display ours soon.Congratulations on reaching 1,000 UK visits to your blog!Middle Matters in Melbourne, Australia

Translate »