Hawes Community Primary School

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

28 May

A Day of Wonder!

If you are reading this as a teacher you will be involved in things to do with ICT and creativity. If you don’t follow Tim Rylands at www.timrylands.com I suggest you try it out. We were delighted to spend a day with Tim and the brilliant Sarah Neild, she took the photos … thank you Sarah. We explored teaching styles, learning styles, exploring visionary lands, how we spoke, how we listen …. many, many things. We also peeped through the door of web 2.0 but best of all, we made new friends. It was lovely to have teachers from six local schools joing in and the word collaboration echoed around the hall, mingling and entwining itself with the laughter … we had a delicious time.

A big thank you for all the people who made it happen, by putting themselves out and being flexible … you were our enablers and because of your generosity and kindness it will happen again.

Mr E

12 Responses to “A Day of Wonder!”

1. Bella says:

I thorght Tim Riland was really fun and interesting. Its better than sitting in class doing work

2. Brenda Todd says:

This sounds like a very engaging day. He must have been a super presenter. The young writers look so happy and engaged. The adults looked like they were enjoying it. I read a small portion on the link about using the video games. It sounds like a great way to get students engaged into thinking and really looking at things.

3. David Eldridge says:

Thanks Mrs F, Sarah’s photos are lovely and it was kind of her to share them with us. It was a day that really underlined the importance of collaboration and imagination.

4. David Eldridge says:

Thanks Marg, I am hoping that we will build up some collaborative work with other schools locally, which we can then share further afield. It’s nice to here that people on the other side of the planet are excited as well! I think that blogging has allowed teachers and children to find new and very responsive audiences. A good idea now can be shared world wide.

5. Mrs F says:

Great photos to show what an enjoyable and creative day we all had.

6. Marg Yore says:

How lucky you were to have Tim there with you, inspiring you! I use whatever is available online from Tim each year. The students ask for it again and aagain and have really leant how to write some amazing things using his material. Good luck with writing!Marg at Middle Matters

7. Bella says:

8. Brenda Todd says:

9. David Eldridge says:

10. David Eldridge says:

11. Mrs F says:

12. Marg Yore says:

Translate »